We all love connecting with our friends through group chat, a feature introduced by Apple to iPhone users, and making plans for future gatherings.
But, the issue comes when a Group chat member stops receiving the messages, spoiling the fun of having a conversation on Group chat. Luckily, “iPhone not receiving group texts” is solvable, and we’ll tell you how to do it.
Part 1: How to Fix the iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts with Message Settings
1. Turn on Group Messaging
If you don’t turn on the Group Messaging on your iPhone, you’re most likely to face the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue. Here’s how to turn on Group Messaging.
- 1. Navigate to the “Message” icon after launching the iPhone Settings.
- 2. After visiting the bar labeled as MMS/SMS, toggle the Group Messaging on.
2. Check If You’ve Left the Conversion
If you leave the conversion or have been removed by someone from the group, facing “not receiving group texts on iPhone” is given. So, you’ll need to check whether you’re an active member of the group or not. Here’s how to do it.
- 1. Navigate to the group messages after visiting the Messages.
- 2. Tap on your desired group and check whether you’ve been removed or left the group. If it shows that you’ve left the group, you can ask someone to add you again.
3. Check Group Message Notifications
If you turned off the group message notification to avoid having seen the flood of messages coming on your iPhone and your iPhone getting crazy, you might face the “iPhone not receiving group text” issue. So, you can try turning on the Group Messaging notification to see how it goes.
- 1. Navigate to the group chat and open it. Next, tap on the “Info” button.
- 2. Toggle the Hide Alerts off to turn on the Group Messaging notification.
4. Check If Your Phone Number is Linked to Your Apple ID
It is important to connect your mobile device number to your Apple ID to receive the group messages. If you didn’t link the phone to Apple ID, you might face difficulty receiving the group messages. Here’s how to do it.
- 1. Select the Messages icon after launching the Settings menu. Tap on the Send & Receive button to check whether iMessage is operational or not.
- 2. Enter your Apple ID credentials after selecting the “Use your Apple ID for iMessage.” Next, choose Apple ID and phone number after navigating to the “you can reached” tab.
5. Check Your iPhone’s Space to Fix iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts
Despite having opted for a few things, if the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue persists, you’ll need to check whether your iPhone has run out of memory. Here’s how to do it.
- 1. Navigate to the iPhone icon after launching the iPhone Settings.
- 2. If “Storage Almost Full Alert” appears, you’ll need to uninstall some app to make way for your Group messages.
6. Check Carrier Service When Not Receiving Group Texts on iPhone
It would be wise of you to check whether your carrier service is doing fine so that you don’t face problems like “iPhone not receiving group texts.” Here’s how to do it.
- 1. Select the About icon after visiting the iPhone settings.
- 2. Check the version number icon next to the carrier icon. Contact the Google or carrier support system to see if you’re using the latest version.
- 3. If you aren’t using the latest version, you’ll need to tap on the “Update” icon to start updating the carrier service.
7. Restart Group Messages If iPhone Not Getting Group Texts
You can fix the “iPhone not getting group texts” issue by restarting the Group Message.
Here’s how to do it.
- 1. Navigate to the group chat and delete that conversation by swiping to the left and tapping the delete icon.
- 2. After deleting the chat, you’ll need to navigate to the Messages tab and hit the symbol icon. Next, enter the phone number or email address of a person you’d like to add to your chatting group.
- 3. Write the message and send it to your friend and check if you receive the message when he sends it.
8. Update iPhone Software to the Latest Version
Not downloading the latest iOS version might also cause the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue. So, you must install the new iOS update when it comes.
- 1. Navigate to the General after launching the iPhone Settings.
- 2. Tap on the Software Update icon and then install the new iOS update.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts with 100% Work Way
If you’re looking to get rid of the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue as soon as possible, taking the services of StarzSoft Fixcon might help your cause. It is a brilliant tool that easily fixes minor or major iOS bugs.
- 1. Please navigate to the official website of Starzsoft Fixcon and install it. Next, connect the iOS device to the PC after launching the Starzsoft Fixcon.
- 2. Select Standard Repair Mode from Fixcon’s main interface.
- 3. Start downloading the firmware package after hitting the “Download” icon.
- 4. Tap on the Continue icon to start repairing your iOS device through Starzsoft Fixcon.
Part 3: How to Fix with Reset Network Settings
Having issues with the iPhone network might be the main reason you face the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue. So, you need to check the network settings, and if you get no clue about the issue, resetting the network settings will be an appropriate option. Here’s how to reset iPhone network settings.
- 1. Tap on the General icon after launching the iPhone Settings.
- 2. Tap on Reset Network Settings and confirm the action by typing the password.
Part 4: FAQs about iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts
1. Why am I facing the iPhone not receiving group texts?
If you’re having an issue receiving group texts, there can be the following reasons behind this issue.
- A software glitch
- If you disable Group Messaging, you won’t receive any group text
- If you’re using the older iOS version, it might be the main reason behind the issue
2. Can you name a group text?
You can give a name to your Group text or message by following the guide below.
- 1. Launch the Group iMessage above your thread of messages.
- 2. Select the change name and photo option.
- 3. Add a name and photo from your group chat and tap Done.
3. Can you add someone to a Group Text?
Here’s how to add someone to your Group text.
- 1. Chose the group text you’d like to add your friends to.
- 2. Tap on the Group icon after visiting the message thread.
- 3. Select Add Contact after hitting the gray icon.
- 4. Tap Done after selecting the contact you want to add to Group Text.
And this post pretty much covers every aspect that helps you fix the “iPhone not receiving group texts” issue.
We’ve revealed 10 breathtaking ways to assist you in getting rid of group text receiving issues. Of all the 10 methods we’ve mentioned in this post, Starzsoft Fixcon has to be the most practical and less time-consuming tool to help your cause.
So, don’t waste your time and restore your iPhone device through StarzSoft Fixcon to fix 150+ iOS issues.
'iPhone Storage Almost Full iOS 15' Bug, How to Fix
iPhone Won't Install iOS 16.0/16? Here is How to Fix!(Video) iPhones: SIM Card Not Working? No Service, No SIM Card, Invalid SIM, Stuck on Searching? FIXED!
7 Methods for iOS Users to Fix Email Disappeared from iPhone
How To Fix iPhone Won't Update To iOS 16?
Author: Hare Rainsun
Specialized in resolving iPhone/iPad/iPod touch issues for more than 10 years.View all posts by Hare Rainsun
How do I fix not receiving group texts? ›
- Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
- If Group Messaging isn't in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it's found in the MMS menu.
- Under Group Messaging, enable MMS.
To fix an iPhone that is not receiving texts from Android phones, try toggling Airplane mode on and off. You can also try checking your block list, enabling group and MMS messages, and deleting old texts. Restarting your iPhone, updating it, and resetting your network settings can also fix the problem.Why am I not receiving all group text messages on my iPhone? ›
Fix 1. Enable Group Messaging On iPhone: If one or more of your contacts are not receiving group text messages on their iPhones, check if you have turned on Group Messaging option on your device. Go to Settings > Messages > In SMS/MMS section, tap on Group Messaging to activate.Why is my iPhone not receiving group Messages? ›
Go to Settings and select Messages. Find the SMS/MMS section and tap on Group Messaging to activate. Tap again to switch off and on Group Messaging.How do you enable Group texts on iPhone? ›
- Open Messages and tap the Compose button .
- Enter the names or tap the Add button. to add people from your contacts.
- Type your message, then tap the Send button .
And there's more: SMS/MMS groups don't give you an option to leave because they aren't actually instant messaging. These messages go through your carrier over a custom protocol. It's possible to leave a group chat, but only if everyone else in that group is also using Apple devices.How do I enable MMS on my iPhone? ›
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Cellular. Cellular Data Network.
- In the Personal hotspot APN field, enter h2g2-t .
- In each of the other 3 APN fields (Cellular data, LTE Setup and MMS), enter h2g2 .
- In the MMS Max Message size field, enter 23456789 .
- Restart the iPhone.
QUICK FIX: Messages-->Three dots(top right)---->Settings-->More Settings-->Multimedia Messages--> Uncheck (Turn off) "Group Conversations"-->Re-Check (Turn back on)"Group Conversations" --> Make sure download Automatically is Checked (ON).Why are my group messages coming in as MMS? ›
The default Messaging application in the Android OS supports sending group SMS messages to a maximum of ten contacts. The maximum size of the text message can vary depending on your device and firmware version. Any message over the maximum size (sometimes 160 characters) will automatically be sent as an MMS.Why am I getting individual responses to a group text? ›
Group messaging allows conversation participants to reply to all recipients in a single thread. If you do not want multi-recipient SMS messages converted to MMS and want replies sent in separate threads only to you, turn off group messaging.
Why am I not receiving all texts? ›
Steps to follow when Android is not receiving text messages:
Clear the cache from your text app. Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly. Ensure your phone is not in Airplane Mode. Confirm that your carrier supports SMS and MMS messaging.
- Tap Apps. Tap Settings. Tap More Settings or Mobile Data or Mobile Networks. Tap Access Point names.
- Tap More or Menu. Tap Save.
- Tap the Home Button to return to your home screen.
If you're not receiving Android notifications, check to see if Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode are turned on, and turn them off. Make sure system notifications and app notifications are turned on in your settings. Your power or data settings could also be preventing apps from retrieving notification alerts.How to clear cache on iPhone? ›
- Open Settings, scroll down until you find Safari, then select it to open the next menu.
- Scroll down and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
- In the popup, tap 'Clear History and Data' to confirm.
If you aren't using iMessage, you can use SMS/MMS. These messages are texts and photos that you send to other cell phones or another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. SMS/MMS messages aren't encrypted and appear in green text bubbles on your device. To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan.How do I reset my network settings on my iPhone? ›
Reset your network settings
If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
For iMessage (blue message bubbles), the limit is 32 people.What is mass text vs group MMS? ›
Group conversations: Send an MMS reply to all recipients. Mass text: Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies.Is it possible to leave a group text from iPhone with Android users? ›
You can't leave a group message as you can an iMessage. But you can mute future updates so your phone doesn't keep alerting you every time someone responds to the group conversation. Below, we'll walk you through how to opt out of a group text on your iOS and Android devices.How to get out of a group text on iPhone with Android users? ›
- Tap the group text message that you want to leave.
- Tap the group icons at the top of the thread.
- Scroll down and tap Leave this Conversation. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the Info button , then tap Leave this Conversation.
Why is MMS Messaging not working? ›
If your MMS messages fail to download on an Android, it could be because the Auto-download MMS setting is incorrect. In the Messages app, tap the 3-dots menu in the top-right corner, and go to Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS. If the option is on, try turning it off and manually downloading your MMS message.How do I change my SMS to MMS on iPhone? ›
If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.Why can't I turn on MMS Messaging? ›
An active cellular data connection is required to use the MMS function. Open the phone's Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled. If not, enable it and attempt to send a MMS message.
When turned off: messages sent to multiple recipients are sent as individual messages. message recipients can only reply to the sender; they can't reply to the group or see the other message recipients.Why do random numbers keep texting me in group chats? ›
These group text messages work just like robocalls and junk mail. The scammers use automated programming to send thousands, maybe millions of group text messages to random phone numbers hoping someone will respond.How do I stop group Messages Converting to MMS? ›
- From the Messaging app go to Settings.
- Untick the Group Messaging box for MMS settings.
Open the app for Messages. Tap on the conversation in question. Tap on the message's timestamp. You will see the option to “Switch to text (SMS/MMS).” Click on it.How do I turn off auto MMS conversion? ›
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced.
- Switch Auto-download MMS to Off.
MMS allows you to embed media files in a text message; you may send pictures, videos, audio files, and gifs. SMS, on the other hand, can only support embedding a link within a text as well as emojis.Can you turn off group messaging on iPhone? ›
Go to the "Settings" app on your Apple device. Select "Messages". Scroll to the "SMS/MMS" section and disable "Group Messaging".
How do you control group texts? ›
How to mute a group text message
- Tap the group text message.
- Tap the group icons at the top of the thread. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the group icons at the top, then tap the Info button .
- Scroll down, then turn on Hide Alerts.
Open the messages app, tap the group text, tap the three dots, tap 'Group details,' tap 'Notifications,' and tap the 'Allow notifications' slider to disable notifications for that group text.Why am I not receiving text messages? ›
Fix problems sending or receiving messages
Make sure you have the most updated version of Messages. If you have a SIM card, ensure that it is inserted properly. If you're on Fi, sign in to the Project Fi app. Verify that Messages is set as your default texting app.
If your MMS messages fail to download on an Android, it could be because the Auto-download MMS setting is incorrect. In the Messages app, tap the 3-dots menu in the top-right corner, and go to Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS. If the option is on, try turning it off and manually downloading your MMS message.What happens when you turn off group messaging? ›
When turned off: messages sent to multiple recipients are sent as individual messages. message recipients can only reply to the sender; they can't reply to the group or see the other message recipients.How do I reset my text message settings? ›
- Launch the Messages app on your Android phone and tap on the menu > Settings.
- Tap on the Reset option to set all message features to default.
- Now, restart your Android phone device and try again to send a text message.
You can set up Messages so that it automatically tries to send messages as an SMS when iMessage isn't available. Go to Settings > Messages, and turn on Send as SMS.